Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Priscilla- No Cain No Gain

I am mid way through my last week of the Eleventh Hour Fit Camp Skinny Challenge.
How 11 weeks have flown by is beyond me. I recall talking about it to friends before starting, planning events, and going through my SoChi life in general. Now all those things are behind me. Events occurred, festivals had, cocktail parties attended and of course 11 weeks of intense workouts. I am left with a blur.

I decided to take a stroll down those stairs I have been climbing for 11 weeks, to the blog postings that started it all.

My PHAT is turning to FAT. Well that pretty much said it all. While my life is still busier than ever, I did lay off the grape for the first few weeks. But as I became more fit I decided to reward myself with a few glasses of my favorite vin from time to time. Lo and behold my muffin top is nothing more than a crumb now.

Sleep deprivation- While it is a good thing that I hop right out of my delicious bed at 5 AM when I have a morning workout, it is NOT a good thing that my body clock tells me to wake up at that hour when I don't. Especially after one of our MANY late night parties. No this isn't good at all! And as far as Vanity being a bigger bitch that me, we hashed it out and it's a tie.

Who is paying those water and gas bills? Well considering that we HAVE running water, I guess "Jimmy Leg" does or I'd be bathing in the neighbor's pond. I still stand under the scalding water with aching muscles but I find that I have to work SO much harder to attain that same level of pain. I know, it's nutty of me to WANT that soreness.

Did you hear that? When JL first made his cheeky comment to massage my thighs, I shot daggers at him through my eyes. It was the only thing I could muster given my total exhaustion. Now 2 a days are just part of the routine, and along with them came an increased energy level. I find I am the one offering the massage now! (Sorry you had to read that kids! No one wants that mental picture of Mom and Dad)

Gold bricking- I stuck through it. No excuses. Some nights I came home and the "Cankle" was grotesquely huge. Some days it was just tomato sized. But I learned to change somethings up if I knew certain exercises were going to irritate those torn ligaments. I'm am still no goldbricker. I won't ever be.

25 things- What has changed and stayed the same? I can now jump rope and do a plank for longer than a minute.
A 4 point push up is still the devil. Stairs are terrible but doable. People still fart when squatting. Rick Cain really is my friend. It takes 11 weeks to be rid of the muffin top. And strangely, I actually LIKE doing certain exercises because they are "fun". It's cuckoo!

6 inches...yes I can even take 6 inches now. Thankfully Rick never walked by and placed a sand ball on my ankles.
But now after writing that I am assured he will and even that's ok.

My ears are bleeding
- I guess in those early weeks of working out I was so focused on the physical exertion and muttering under my breath that I didn't pay heed to what was on Rick's Ipod. Although I swear he has since changed the play list from the beginning of Fit Camp. Where as before it was insipid rap and metal, now I am finding Veruca Salt,the Fixx,the Specials,INXS and Linkin Park. Who knew, all bands I like.

I can keep going on about all the changes that have occurred over these past eleven weeks. From grabbing 7 pound weights now to actually liking those long treks across town (sometimes in the rain). I found that in having to write about what I was experiencing during these workouts, that I like to write! So the blog will continue in the "Fabulous SoChi Life" and so will the Skinny Challenge. Only now it won't be the 11th Hour's but my own personal Skinny Challenge. I am signed up for Round 2 and looking forward to it. But first I need a much deserved two week hiatus and a trip to the beach...then I'll be back at Gateway amongst my friends.


Thank you Eleventh Hour and especially you Rick Cain for the priceless gift you have given me. I have really tried to make the most of it and I hope I've made you proud.

1 comment: