Thursday, February 26, 2009

Katy- Bye Bye IVP, Chick-fil-a and Mac & Cheese

After a week of nonstop eating (and it's funny how I think of it as nonstop eating when just 2 months ago, these were my regular habits), I was plenty nervous stepping on the scale at today's Weight Watchers meeting... I mean, I had a week of MAGA after parties, Happy Valentine's, Happy Anniversery & Happy Birthday celebrations nonstop- thanks to the BF who was in town for one week! Surely the scales were NOT going to be in my favor... there's nothing like a weekly weigh in to make you question your food choices. I was heavily regretting the garlic knots I enjoyed last Friday at Ingleside Village Pizza, AND the Chick-fil-a biscuit (10 points to fellow Weight Watchers!!!!) Adam suprised me with Monday morning at work.... so I wore my lightest clothes (leggings and a cotton T) and stepped on the scale...

.6 down!! I can't believe it! Even with the heavy indulgences, I'm 1/2 pound down this week...whew!! This makes 6.6 lbs since joining WW one month ago. I was sure this week was going to be a downer, and am now even more convinced than ever that these happy little foods are NOT worth the sweat and worry over a 30 minute Thursday meeting that includes the scales which have not been my friend for a LONG time. So, it's with gladness that I say goodbye to the biscuits and garlic knots (and the mac and cheese I scarfed down yesterday).... it's not worth the heart attack of nerves waiting for my time on the scale!! Thanks to Fit Camp, and FINALLY taking a serious look at food, I think I've found a balance of healthy living that is working for me!! The road is still uphill, but these little weekly victories have done wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment